GoSurf's COVID-19 Response
Typically, we would be stoked to hear that you are meeting up, hanging out, and working to improve or capture your surfing. Whether you’re looking to improve your surfing, or just gather some clips to show your friends and family, we are your go-to product. Yet, the current year has come with some challenges, and experts have continued to push to maintain your distance. Things are changing quickly, and luckily looking hopeful, but until then our mission is to keep you safe and stoked.
Here at GoSurf, the health and safety of our customers parallel the customer's satisfaction. We want to make sure that the surfing community remains an area where you can forget about the craziness of the outside world and enjoy your time while you are in the water. So as the world continues to change, we do too! That is why we have listed below concerns and precautions that we have been advised to take from the CDC when using our app, and visiting your local beach for a surf.
If you are interested in reading more about the CDC’s guidelines please click here.
The CDC also recommends beach safety guidelines.
What can users do to help Pros?
- Bring and wear a CDC recommended face covering up until the point you are ready to enter the water
- Be conscious of COVID-19 symptoms and how you are feeling prior to a meetup
- Continuing to hire local Pros to support their small businesses
- Create an open dialogue with Pros to understand their COVID-19 precautions and how they want to arrange the meet up
- Stay updated on county/state/federal guidelines/restrictions pertaining to COVID-19
- Maintain six feet of distance
How are Pros approaching COVID-19?
- Wearing face coverings when interacting with customers.
- Bringing hand sanitizer, wipes, and other PPE
- Maintaining six feet of distance when possible
- Keeping up to date with county/city regulations to know risks when accepting a booking
In order to slow the spread, we recommend following the local health guidelines set by the CDC.
Information for Pros
What actions should I take as a Pro?
- Continue to actively monitor COVID-19 symptoms
- Reschedule shoots if you are not prepared
- Keep an open discussion with bookers and fellow users to understand community concerns regarding COVID-19
- Understand that demand may fluctuate and city and county restrictions could restrict you from booking sessions
Information on Covid-19
People with COVID-19 have had a wide range of symptoms reported – ranging from mild symptoms to severe illness according to the CDC. Symptoms may appear 2-14 days after exposure to the virus. People with these symptoms may have COVID-19:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
What to do to stop the spread?
The CDC recommends these methods to minimize the chances of infection and spread:
- Wash your hands often
- Avoid close contact
- Cover your nose and mouth with a face covering
- Cover coughs and sneezes
- Clean and disinfect
- Monitor your health daily